|Coconut Orange Macaroons|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 2 dozen
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract (use vanilla for plain macaroons)
- 2 cups shredded coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 300° F. Grease a cookie sheet.
2. In mixer add egg whites and beat until frothy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the honey, then the extract.
3. Turn off mixer and gently fold in the shredded coconut. You want the mixture to be stiffer than meringue (not soupy), but not as thick as cookie dough. If it's soupy, add a little more shredded coconut.
4. Drop by rounded spoons onto cookie sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Recipe submitted by Lea, Grafton, NH
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|