|Curried Carrot Soup|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons organic butter or coconut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped (or use baby carrots)
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 quart of chicken broth (beef will work, too)
- 14.5 ounces coconut milk*
Melt butter or ghee over medium heat and sauté onions until soft.
Add carrots, orange juice, spices and broth and simmer until the carrots are tender (20-30 minutes).
Add salt, pepper and fresh cilantro.
Use an immersion blender and puree until smooth. Or puree in batches using a regular blender.
Stir in coconut milk and add more salt/pepper to taste if needed.
Recipe submitted by Leslie, Amsterdam, NY
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|