|Kale and Okra Soup|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 6 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 4 cups okra, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6-8 sprigs thyme
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
1. Combine all ingredients except coconut cream concentrate in a large pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
2. Simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until veggies are nice and soft.
3. Puree soup using an immersion blender (you could do this in a conventional blender but be careful not to burn yourself!). Note: if the stocks of your thyme sprigs are very tough, you might want to remove them before pureeing.
4. Add coconut cream concentrate, stir to dissolve. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by Sarah, Marietta, GA
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|