|Tessera de Cocoa – Coconut Oil Chocolate Squares|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
An intense chocolate treat blessed by the richness of organic fruit juice concentrate and the tropical flavor of virgin coconut oil. A typical serving is one piece (a mosaic-like tessera), but two or three pieces for an extended coffee break often become a symbolic "celebration of cacao".
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, warmed
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons fruit juice concentrate*
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded coconut (optional topping)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts (optional topping)
In a small bowl, warm coconut oil and stir in cocoa. Add fruit juice concentrate (or concentrate mixture) and stir to complete intense flavor blend and to create a smooth texture.
Pour mixture into a flat bowl lined with wax paper (press a sheet of wax paper between two bowls), then sprinkle on toppings if desired.
Turn the second bowl upside down to create a temporary cover and refrigerate for several hours.
When firm in the center (chilled, but not completely hardened), slice into squares and store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
* Use single juice concentrate or mix several to create unique flavor combinations (try tart cherry, cranberry, elderberry, blueberry, pomegranate or black currant).
Recipe submitted by Rod, Dallas, TX
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|