Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets photo
Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets

Servings: 35 Chicken Nuggets

Recipe: In a medium bowl, mix organic soy-free ground chicken, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon organic parsley, 1/2 teaspoon organic onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon organic black pepper together. Set aside.

Heat coconut oil in a large skillet to medium heat.

Pour organic rice flour, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and a pinch of black pepper onto a plate. Mix well. Have beaten eggs ready in a small to medium size bowl.

Roll chicken mixture into 35 ping-pong ball size pieces. Roll each piece of chicken into rice flour, then dip into beaten eggs, then again in the flour. Flatten each ball into a nugget shape.

Fry nuggets in coconut oil until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Place fried chicken nuggets on a paper towel lined plate. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.

Recipe submitted by Tiffany, Bend OR

The chicken Nugget recipe looks so good and I love fried foods. My question is can you use coconut flower instead of the rice flower.
TY Kay
# Posted By Kay | 3/16/12 11:51 PM
Sorry the rice flower.

TY Kay
# Posted By Kay | 3/16/12 11:53 PM
Coconut flour and rice flour are two very different flours, and I'm not confident that a direct swap would work. I'd start out with part coconut flour for the rice.

If you don't have any rice flour on hand, I'd recommend checking out these two similar recipes that don't use it.

# Posted By Sarah:) | 3/17/12 11:53 AM
This recipe looks tempting, all except for the rice flour. Coconut or almond flour are what I go for. I will look at links mentioned in Sarah's post.
# Posted By Diana | 3/18/12 7:29 PM
Hi,

I seen the comment about using coconut flour. I have made chicken nuggets with just coconut flour. You have to dip the chicken in eggs lightly beaten. The coating on the chicken is not real thick, but it does do a light breading.
# Posted By cat | 3/19/12 9:21 AM
I've used coconut flour as a breading before. It works fine (although like someone else said, it may be a thinner coating). I don't see why it wouldn't work in this recipe, too. This recipe looks good. I'm going to try it once I get some ground chicken (I have lots of cut up chickens from Tropical Traditions, but haven't tried the ground chicken).
# Posted By Christie | 3/19/12 1:36 PM
These were very good, however I did use organic pastry flour rather than the rice flour. I don't have to go gluten free and didn't have rice flour on hand. I recommend using chopsticks to dip the nuggets in the egg and then the second dip in flour. Keeps your fingers cleaner. Kids loved these and so did the adults! Thanks!
# Posted By Monica | 12/28/13 12:25 AM