Gluten Free Coconut Mango Rugelach photo
Gluten Free Coconut Mango Rugelach

1. In food processor, mix coconut flour and salt. Slowly pulse in coconut oil, cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar. Pulse until crumbly.

2. Shape dough into four disks, wrap well in (or place in zip lock bags) and refrigerate 2 hours to two days.

3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll with a rolling pin, or shape with hands, each disk into a 9-inch round. Spread each round with two tablespoons of preserves, and top with a light dusting of coconut flakes. With knife or pizza cutter, cut each disk into 12 wedges. Roll up each wedge, starting with wide edge. Place each cookie on a greased cookie sheet, and sprinkle with additional coconut flakes.

4. Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and place each cookie on a rack to cool. Cookies store well, in airtight containers up to a week.

Recipe submitted by Tammy, Union City, TN

Where does the 1/2 C organic raw sugar go? It's not listed in the instructions.
# Posted By Linda | 3/20/12 10:43 AM
It gets added with the sour cream and cream cheese. The recipe will be updated for clarification.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 3/20/12 1:42 PM
I made these today ... well, that is to say I've made one of the rounds of dough into the cookies. The others are still in the fridge wrapped up. I was able to roll the dough into a 9" round only with the assistance of parchment and a rolling pin. However, when attempting to roll them up, they pretty much wanted to crumble apart. I was able to mash them together and was still hopeful when they were baking. First bite and I needed a big glass of milk to wash it down. The flavor is okay, but they are very dry. I'm disappointed ... not sure I'll try to roll the rest of the dough. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. :-/
# Posted By Linda | 3/20/12 10:54 PM
I tried to make this as well but the dough just keeps on crumbling apart. It's impossible to roll out. It just falls apart.
# Posted By Melissa | 3/21/12 5:33 PM
Try using less coconut flour. Start out with 1 cup and add more just a little at a time if needed. The key is to always fluff the flour before measuring. Never pack it into the cup.

If the dough is crumbly, add an egg or more of the dairy ingredients.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 3/21/12 9:58 PM
For the question on where the raw sugar goes, read #1 again. It's there.
# Posted By Suzanne | 3/26/12 6:19 PM
Suzanne, she added it after my comment. It was not there when the recipe was posted; as you see from her comment, she added it after I brought it to her attention.
# Posted By Linda | 3/27/12 8:29 AM
Since I had problems rolling the dough (thanks for the tips about this aspect of it, btw), I took some of it, pressed it into a pan, added some chopped walnuts and coconut, poured over cheesecake filling and baked it. It was great and I really appreciated having a crust that was grain-free.
# Posted By Linda | 3/27/12 8:32 AM
for me a disaster: the dough was crumbling apart, so I gave more sour cream; then the dough was more moisture but it didn't help, so I gave an egg; but still was impossible to roll out.
So I pressed it on a tart form and put it for a moment into the freezer. I baked it for 20 min then I put some fruit, chocolate and baked 30 min more. It looked good, but when I tried to cut and put on the plates it fell apart....
# Posted By Kiki | 6/23/13 12:59 PM