Peanut Butter Banana Cups photo
Peanut Butter Banana Cups

Servings: about 12 cups
Preparation time: 10 minutes

• 1 ripe banana
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter (I prefer the fresh grind)
  • 2 tablespoons – 1/4 cup honey
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil, melted (refined for no taste, virgin for coconut taste)
  • 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt (omit if using jarred peanut butter with added salt)

1. Cut the banana into slices between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick.

2. Mix all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.

3. Place a bit of the peanut butter mixture to cover the bottom of each cup in a mini muffin tray.

4. Place a banana slice on top of the peanut butter.

5. With a spoon, scoop the peanut mixture unto each banana slice and cover completely.

6. Place in the freezer to set.

7. Store in the fridge or freezer.

Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO

I love peanut butter & bananas, so I'm anxious to try these! But I have a question regarding the honey. Is it 1/4 + 2 Tbl or do you mean 2 T up to 1/4 cup adjusting according to amount of sweetness desired?
Thank you! I
# Posted By Anita | 3/22/12 11:11 AM
It's 2 tablespoons up to 1/4 cup. Enjoy the recipe, let us know what you think when you make it!
# Posted By Sarah:) | 3/22/12 1:08 PM
we loved these! i used 1 T. coconut oil and 2 T. honey ... my kiddos at them up. will definitely make again!
# Posted By sarah h. | 3/22/12 3:01 PM
I know peanuts are moldy so I am going to use
so I will try almond butter
# Posted By laurie | 3/22/12 6:28 PM
Any other type of sweetener recommended? I'd love to make these, but I don't use honey. THANKS!
# Posted By Beth M. | 3/23/12 6:59 AM
Oh WOW! Stumbled upon this recipe, had all the ingredients and decided to go for it. I tend to improvise and absolutely love coconut so i chucked in some dessicated coco and some organic cacao chips as well. Think i ate half the mix while spooning into the cups!! SO SO good. Thank you for the great recipe, just have to find the self restraint to let them set in the freezer now :)
# Posted By Organic munchies | 3/23/12 10:26 PM
Wonderful recipe! Have made them twice and kids LOVE them!
# Posted By Heather | 3/26/12 10:24 AM
My 19-year-old son has recently "discovered" extra crunchy peanut butter! He is allergic to bananas though so I might put some of my (famous) coconut-cocoa powder-stevia "candy" in the middle. Oh man, maybe I need to get off the computer and go make this now!
# Posted By Molly | 4/1/12 9:01 PM
These are absolutely delicious AND pretty (I swirled the tops). I used raw honey. My husband loves them too. I keep them in freezer till about 5 minutes before eating.
# Posted By Ellie | 4/5/12 6:51 AM
Amazing recipe! I make 2 batches of these every week for the kids...store them in the freezer for a quick snack! They love them and feel like they are getting a treat rather than something ultra healthy!
# Posted By Heather | 4/10/12 5:25 PM
I love these healthy peanut butter cups!! Great recipe! Thank you for sharing on my Fit and Fabulous Fridays link party. :)
# Posted By Amee | 4/12/12 9:38 AM
This is a great, simple recipe for a healthy sweet treat...thank you so much for sharing it! This is definitely a forever addition to our recipe box.
# Posted By Summer | 4/12/12 7:57 PM
I would like to try these with just the peanut butter and bananas. Do you think it would work without all of the other ingredients?
# Posted By Sarah | 4/15/12 3:09 PM
I made these with a homemade pecan/walnut butter, and we love them. They are great right out of the freezer.
# Posted By Theresa M. | 4/18/12 2:26 PM
I tried these tonight and they are great! Anybody know the nutritional info per serving?
# Posted By MsLynn | 4/18/12 8:28 PM
These look yummy, I am going to make them soon! Has anyone tried using agave nector instead of honey? Let me know it that would work! Thanks!
# Posted By Kelsey | 5/8/12 6:56 PM
Kelsey: Agave syrup/nectar isn't healthy, it contains more fructose than high fructose corn syrup.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 5/8/12 8:07 PM
I've made these a few times, for ourselves and for others. They're a big hit! I use 1 T coconut oil followed by 2 T honey w/ same measuring spoon (oil first to keep honey from sticking to measuring spoon).
# Posted By Randa | 6/21/12 8:23 PM
Agave syrup, according to Dr. Oz also raises your cholesterol immediately. He says he is sorry for saying it was good, even though low glycemic index.
# Posted By Patricia | 5/16/14 11:13 AM