Grain-Free Honey Graham Cracker Pie Crust photo
Grain-Free Honey Graham Cracker Pie Crust

Recipe: Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until combined.

Using your fingers, press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie or tart pan.

Bake for 15 minutes for a pie pan (7 minutes for a tart) if you will not be baking it any further after adding your filling. Cool completely, then add filling.

If your filling requires baking, bake the crust for 5-7 minutes until it's a very light golden color. Freeze the crust for 30 minutes, then add filling and return to the oven. You may also need to cover the edges as almond flour burns easily.

*You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender/food processor and blending until you get a fine meal.

Recipe submitted by Danielle, Danville, CA

I'm allergic to almonds but not pecans. Can you grind them and use them the same way?
Also, can you use egg replacer in the recipe. I'm allergic to them, also.
# Posted By Leslie | 3/23/12 4:39 PM
I am excited to try this recipe, I thought pie crust was gone forever. :))
# Posted By Tracy SL | 3/28/12 5:17 PM
Omigosh this looks fabulous! I will have to try it soon when I get more coconut flour.
# Posted By Angie | 3/28/12 6:49 PM
Love this recipe! I have an allergy to honey so I swapped it for brown rice syrup. I can't wait to share this pie with my family tomorrow for Easter....thanks!
# Posted By Melisa | 4/7/12 5:56 PM
Would you bake this a short time before filling if you're using it as a cheesecake crust?
# Posted By Anne | 5/3/12 10:49 AM
I made this for Father's Day today. We had 10 people, so I doubled it to make 2 pies. I was not sure it would be liked as these are people who regularly eat processed, high sugar desserts. It was truly delicious, and every single person complemented the crust specifically--all of them want me to make these pies again. I filled the crust with mixed berries and added a crumble topping. This is my new "go to" crust. Thank you!!
# Posted By Lisa | 6/17/12 9:12 PM
Could you roll this out and cut into squares to make "graham" crackers? I made an attempt the other day by making my own recipe up and it did not turn out so well.
# Posted By Dana | 7/26/12 5:12 PM
This recipe is GREAT! Tastes very close to graham cracker for me. Because of allergies I used cashews instead of almonds...ground in a food process. Instead of the egg I used 1 T. of chia seeds soaked in water to make about 1/3 c. and used that for my binder.
# Posted By Shirl I | 3/10/13 8:32 AM
apologies for mistake in earlier recipe substitutions: for chia seeds I soak 1 T. of chia seeds in 1 c. of water. When they have thickened I use 1/4 cup as a replacement for the egg. Eat the rest. :) I was making this again this morning and realized my mistake. Thanks so much for your Labor of Love in giving us all these recipes!
# Posted By Shirl I | 3/10/13 9:40 AM
Leslie, you can buy pecan meal. I got mine through my Wholeshare buying club so can't remember the brand. It was much cheaper than pecan halves and also a bit drier. Look for it. Egg re placer usually works well for me in dry product like a crust, but haven't tested it w/this particular recipe.
# Posted By Rita | 6/14/13 4:49 PM
What could we use instead of honey? I do Atkins, so I can't use honey, agave syrup, etc...
# Posted By Twila R | 11/20/13 2:50 PM