|Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Nut Bark|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chipped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or coconut chips
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey or sweetener of choice (optional)
1. Place a glass mixing bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and add chocolate and coconut oil.
2. Once everything has melted, remove from heat and add in the nuts, coconut and sweetener.
3. Mix well and pour onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. Place in the freezer to set. Once it has hardened, break into pieces.
If you are using a dry sugar to sweeten, I would "powder" it in a coffee grinder or blender or it will be gritty
You could use almonds instead of macadamia nuts.
Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|