|Savory Coconut Oil Kale Chips Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch kale, washed and de-stemmed
- 1/8 cup expeller-pressed coconut oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a few cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Wash and de-stem the kale.
4. Cut the leaves into chip size strips (or however big you want the chips to be).
5. In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and sea salt together.
6. Add the kale leaves and toss until the leaves are covered with the dressing.
7. Lay the strips of kale onto the baking pans in a single layer.
8. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the leaves and sprinkle on the toasted sesame seeds (if you're using).
9. Bake for 12-16 minutes. Make sure you watch them, as they can burn easily.
10. Remove from oven. The leaves may seem soft, but they with harden as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe submitted by Jessica, Denver, CO
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|