Coconut Flour Chewy Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars Recipe photo
Coconut Flour Chewy Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars Recipe

OPTIONAL:

• For a sweeter bar, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup raw sugar.
  • For a banana version, instead of 1/2 cup coconut oil, use 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl; combine egg, maple syrup, vanilla and banana (if using) in a separate bowl.

Melt coconut oil and dark chocolate together in a saucepan over low heat.

Add maple syrup mixture to dry ingredients; stir until well combined. Allow coconut oil/chocolate mixture to cool slightly (to avoid scrambling your egg) and then add slowly to the rest of the ingredients.

Press into greased 8×11 inch baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cut while still warm, but allow to cool further before removing to avoid crumbling.

Recipe submitted by Jennifer, Canada

Would it work without the egg? I have a daughter intolerant of eggs...Thanks!
# Posted By Cheryl | 5/3/12 3:20 PM
I would definitely make mine without egg! I didn't know granola bars had eggs in them anyway. I don't eat them.
# Posted By Bonnie | 5/3/12 8:04 PM
This recipe tastes delicious; however, following it exactly (for me) created a very crumbly bar. We cannot hold it, but rather have to put it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon. Obviously it requires more liquid (I didn't do the extra sugar or banana version). Would more coconut oil work well to moisten up the bar more?
# Posted By Dawna | 5/5/12 10:37 PM
Interesting that it was crumbly...haven't had that issue?? I would maybe cut it down to 2 cups of oats; you could also add in some shredded apple to add more moisture.
# Posted By Jennifer | 5/8/12 1:07 PM
I'm going to make these today. I think adding honey will help hold them together better. It's done the trick when making other granola bars.
# Posted By Dawn | 2/20/13 8:36 AM
You cold try blitzing half the oats in a blender to get the bars to ho,d together a bit
# Posted By Mj | 4/20/13 9:40 AM
I made these and used dates and these were wonderful. Made them for my sons lunch and were winner
# Posted By Rikki | 8/25/14 1:25 AM

1 gallon
Freeze Dried Blueberries

Organic Freeze Dried Blueberries
Freeze Dried Blueberries
until Sunday August 31st
Hand Sanitizer
Benefect Botanical Hand Ssanitizer
Benefect Botanical
Hand Sanitizer
until Sunday August 31st
Dog Food
Pastured Organic Raw Chicken Steaks for Dogs
3 packages (18 pounds total)
Pastured Organic
Raw Chicken Steaks for Dogs
until Sunday August 31st
Cat Food
Pastured Organic Raw Chicken Steaks for Cats
3 packages (3.6 pounds total)
Pastured Organic