Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Walnut Coconut Flour Muffins Recipe photo
Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Walnut Coconut Flour Muffins Recipe

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Place cupcake liners into muffin tins, or grease liberally and dust using coconut flour.

Chop walnuts into small pieces.

In a mixing bowl, mash bananas until creamy, stir in honey.

Add coconut flour, melted coconut oil, eggs and salt in with the bananas and honey. Using a hand mixer or whisk, mix thoroughly for 1 minute.

Allow batter to sit for 2 minutes to allow the coconut flour time to absorb the liquids.

Add baking soda and walnuts to the batter and stir quickly but only as long as it takes to thoroughly mix in the baking soda.

Fill 9 cupcake forms until full, or you may under fill equally to make an even dozen.

Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Recipe submitted by Starlene, Phoenix, AZ

Made these yesterday and they were delicous! I was a little worried when I had the first few ingredients mixed, because it seemed so dry & tough of a batter, but the eggs and other ingredients definitely helped. I actually didn't pay attention that the baking soda should be added later, but it still tasted great though I added it with the other ingredients. We liked them fresh out of the oven, and maybe even more later. My husband had them again for an "early on-the-road" breakfast this morning, and really liked them.
# Posted By Randa | 6/21/12 8:28 PM
Wow, I just made these coconut banana cupcakes. They turned out fantastic! I'm just venturing into wheat/gluten free baking. So impressed by flavor and texture. I did add a splash of vanilla and cinnamon and a few coconut Flakes. Can't wait to try more recipes. Thank You so much!
# Posted By Barbara | 6/23/12 8:05 PM
The best muffins I've ever made. The banana made them taste so buttery. Definitely my new favorite. Pretty healthy, too! Gonna make another batch this weekend.
# Posted By Audra | 6/25/12 8:20 AM
just made these gorgeous muffins,looking for more of the same,as just starting to use coconut flour,they are so delicious,thanks for sharing this recipe
# Posted By roni | 7/4/12 12:14 PM
WOW! This Banana Walnut Muffin recipe is a GREAT alternative to all the processed snacks on the market. My children are in love with these muffins, and I am making a second batch in two days. Love'm!!!!
# Posted By Connie | 7/4/12 2:14 PM
I have a bag of coconut flour and this is a good recipe I would like to try. Do you have the nutirional information for each muffin? Thanks!
# Posted By Ming | 7/6/12 6:35 PM
We don't provide nutritional info as nearly all of our recipes are user submitted, and it would be too much work to put it all in. Everything is already free, so it's a labor of love!
# Posted By Sarah:) | 7/8/12 10:42 AM
I've made these a few times and they always come out amazing! I made them for my daughter-in-law and a friend of hers and they loved them! They couldn't believe they were gluten-free and sugar-free. Great recipe!!
# Posted By Selena | 8/12/12 7:02 AM
Looking for a gluten free/dairy free recipe for my daughter and this looks perfect! Do you think it's okay to substitute applesauce for the honey?
# Posted By Jami | 9/8/13 11:01 AM
Oh these were the best muffins I've made yet. We started the Wheat Belly Diet last week and wanted something sweet. They were right on target. Thank you!!
# Posted By joy | 9/8/13 7:04 PM