Coconut Flour Coconut Cupcakes with Lime Icing Recipe photo
Coconut Flour Coconut Cupcakes with Lime Icing Recipe

You can make these cupcakes lemon or orange, just switching out the citrus zest and juice

Servings: 8-10 cupcakes
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes

Key Lime Icing

Cupcakes:

Preheat oven to 340° degrees.

In a small bowl blend eggs, coconut oil and maple syrup with a hand blender. Stir in coconut flour, salt, baking soda and shredded coconut, beating 1 minute.

Line a cupcake tin with unbleached baking cups. Spoon batter into each cupcake liner, making 8 large (about 1/4 cup per cupcake or 10 medium.)

Bake at 340° for 20 minutes on middle oven rack.

Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Frost with Key Lime Icing and serve.

Icing:

If needed, soften coconut cream jar in warm water. Mix all the ingredients together until well mixed and smooth. Add coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well. Ice cupcakes. Top with Lime zest or toasted coconut.

* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)

Recipe submitted by Sondra, Telford, PA

This recipe sounds awesome, was wondering if it might work baked in an 8"x8" pan instead of as cupcakes? I always make a mess out of cupcakes and prefer something in one pan.
# Posted By Ursula | 6/30/12 11:56 AM
I made these yesterday and they were as yummy as they sounded. I had a question about the texture though. My batter was very thick and went into the cups in lumps, they did not smooth out with cooking so they were not flat on top like your picture. Do I need to add some liquid? Maybe the eggs were too cold? My oil wasn't melted but was a thick liquid as it had been near the stove.

Despite that we loved the taste. My daughter is allergic to citrus so I split the icing before I added the lime and added some cocoa powder to half, that was really good too.
# Posted By Karen | 7/1/12 8:53 AM
Hello,
I use Silicon Cupcake Molds. They work Great and everything pops right out !
# Posted By Sondra | 7/2/12 12:40 PM
It works best if all the ingredients are room temperature and the oil melted. I was wondering if adding Cocoa would work too, just hadn't gotten around to it yet ! Thanks for trying and sharing !
# Posted By Sondra | 7/2/12 12:41 PM
Hi Karen, if your gs were cold they would make the coconut oil go dolid! I did that once (!)and had to slightly warm everything to soften the oil! Best to have all ingredients at room temperature and coconut oil so it is just liquid. All the best! Joan
# Posted By Joan Westaway | 7/3/12 8:44 PM
I made this recipe at The Cooking Club in Telford on June 21 a cooking class of Sondra's called Cukoo for Coconut! I just finished them tonight made them in a 8x10 oval glass dish. Icinged in the pan , cut into sm. bars topped with coconut
an lime zest. Yum!
# Posted By Susan | 7/3/12 9:25 PM
Oh boy, are these gooood! I just made a batch of 12 cupcakes using 1 1/2 recipes. I also made mine sugar free, using Monin sugar free syrup (no flavor) combined with Torani SF coconut syrup instead of maple syrup in the batter and Nature's Hollow SF "honey" & 5 drops of Vanilla Creme liquid stevia in the icing. I also browned some TT shredded coconut in about 2 t butter. All else was the same. Delish! Moist with a great consistency. Thanks for this recipe!
# Posted By JJ | 7/6/12 3:35 PM
Made these cupcakes this past weekend and they were great. But when I made them tonight...they turned out like muffins. They were not flat and are not smooth. My coconut oil was melted.....so I'm not sure what to do. Please help they are for my sons party at school tomorrow morning...is anyone out there who can help. Thanks.
# Posted By Paige | 10/30/12 8:43 PM
Hi, for this recipe I was wondering if you could share the nutrishional info, fat and calories.. ( I'm just wondering how many I can eat) ^.^ Was Delish! Thank you
# Posted By Wendy L | 11/14/12 2:00 PM
I don't really count calories, just Nutritional Value. As wih any "treat" Moderation is in order :)
# Posted By Sondra W | 1/12/13 5:09 PM
These are delish! I did have to modify it by adding 1/2 cup of milk because the batter was way too thick.

Also--don't eat 2-3 of these a day like I did, lol. There is so much coconut in them that they will cause massive candida die-off symptoms. I didn't even know I had candida overgrowth until I ate these cupcakes! I guess thats a good thing I found out.
# Posted By Erica | 6/16/14 1:05 PM

1 gallon
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs
approx. 4.5 pounds (2 packages)
Short Ribs