|Coconut Flour Coconut Cupcakes with Lime Icing Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
You can make these cupcakes lemon or orange, just switching out the citrus zest and juice
Servings: 8-10 cupcakes
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Tropical Traditions coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Key Lime Icing
- 1/2 cup Tropical Traditions coconut cream concentrate
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut milk*
Preheat oven to 340° degrees.
In a small bowl blend eggs, coconut oil and maple syrup with a hand blender. Stir in coconut flour, salt, baking soda and shredded coconut, beating 1 minute.
Line a cupcake tin with unbleached baking cups. Spoon batter into each cupcake liner, making 8 large (about 1/4 cup per cupcake or 10 medium.)
Bake at 340° for 20 minutes on middle oven rack.
Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Frost with Key Lime Icing and serve.
If needed, soften coconut cream jar in warm water. Mix all the ingredients together until well mixed and smooth. Add coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well. Ice cupcakes. Top with Lime zest or toasted coconut.
Recipe submitted by Sondra, Telford, PA
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|