|Dairy Free Chocolate Truffle Pie Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3-1/2 cup cocoa (to taste)
- 1/8 -1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup expeller pressed coconut oil
- 2 avocados, about 4-5 ounces a piece
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One 8" graham, crumb, or nut crust*
Bring water and honey to a boil; add cocoa and salt. Stir until smooth. This 'blooms' the cocoa, bringing out the flavor.
Pour this into a blender or food processor. Add the avocado pulp, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend or process until smooth. Pour into the pie crust.
Chill in the refrigerator 4 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature for 10-30 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
*For a gluten free crust, use this recipe.
Recipe submitted by Rhonda, South Jordan, UT
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|