Gluten Free Coconut Sweet Bread Recipe photo
Gluten Free Coconut Sweet Bread Recipe

Preparation Time: 10

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the first 6 dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to get rid of the clumps from the coconut flour.

In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and vinegar.

Combine the two bowls and stir until well combined and smooth.

Pour the batter into a greased bread pan.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

*Baking soda and vinegar is what is the rising agent in this. They begin to act as soon as they are combined and you will want to get the bread in the oven as soon as you pour the batter into pan. Make sure your oven is preheated and ready to go!!

* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)

Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO

I made this for my very fussy granddaughter who needs a gluten free diet. She loved it but needed to be quick to get a piece because the rest of my family loved it too. This is a new regular in my house.
# Posted By Barb | 8/17/12 6:48 PM
This is really wonderful cake! I made it in a 9" round cake pan and cooked for 25 min. I also substituted about 20 drops of liquid sucralose for the sweetener (must eat sugar free) and added about 1 t almond extract and 1 t vanilla. I topped it with a bit of buttercream frosting (homemade/sugar free). What a treat! Thanks for a great recipe!
# Posted By JJ | 8/20/12 5:15 PM
Make this today and it looked under done in the middle. Baked it for the alotted time and i live in CO. I did use the gluten free flour...I wonder if it makes a difference. Couldnt find the coconut flour. It was still tasty.
# Posted By Karen | 8/29/12 5:02 PM
Made this the first time and it was perfect, just like the picture, light colored with nice crumb, moist, but not particularly sweet (okay with me, not with boyfriend, however). The next two times the bread didn't come out the same at all. It was heavy, no crumb at all, darker color, not as tasty. I used 1/3 cup coconut sugar the first time, 1/2 cup the second, and 1/4 cup the third. Eggs might have been a little larger the second and third times. Otherwise everything was exactly the same. What am I doing wrong? Help! Loved this recipe the first time!
# Posted By Donna | 9/3/12 10:11 PM
I am making this now. I substituted the coconut milk using raw organic milk, and I used organic coconut sugar, and omitted the rice flour, all I have is the coconut flour that I ordered from here... So we'll see how it comes out. One thing I did notice was the batter was very dry.. don't know if I mixed it wrong but I just added more milk... it's in the oven now so ???
# Posted By Wendy L | 1/3/13 12:07 PM
well my results for this recipe. I think you deff need to use the Almond flour. Mine just didn't cook and was very doughy in the middle even though I baked it 30 mins longer. However, it was very tasty.. I'm sure if I'd of followed the direction correctly and had all the ingredients here in the house at the time it would have come out much better. I'll be trying again once I can find some Almond flour. :)
# Posted By Wendy L | 1/3/13 12:58 PM
I tried this bread and it didn't come out right. I am hoping someone here can tell me why. The bottom was eggy, like the eggs had settled and GREEN! This is the second time something I've baked with coconut flour has come out this way. I live in SC and baked both times in a silicone form. Help please!
# Posted By Tara | 11/13/13 1:30 PM