Blueberry Pudding Cake Recipe photo
Blueberry Pudding Cake Recipe

Servings: one 9x9 pan

• 1 cup frozen blueberries
    or
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries & 1/4 cup juice of choice (I used mango)
  • 1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate
  • 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk*
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup almond or chestnut flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt

1. Make sure all ingredients are room temperature. The coconut cream concentrate should not be melted, but spreadable. If it is hard, immerse jar in very hot water or simmer gently on stovetop.

2. Whisk together coconut cream concentrate, coconut milk, egg, honey, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.

3. In medium size bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, and salt.

4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, whisking until combined.

5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 x 9 baking pan. I used melted coconut oil. Pour batter into pan and spread with a small spatula. Top with blueberries.

If using fresh berries, bring berries and juice to a simmer over medium heat on the stovetop. Once it bubbles gently, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the mixture thickens. Pour over the cake batter.

6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes. 20 minutes will give you more of a pudding consistency, whereas 25 minutes will get you more on the cake side. I like to split it down the middle and go for 22, but every oven is different. Cool and serve at room temperature, topped with whipped coconut cream or ice cream.

* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)

Recipe submitted by Kate, Togane, Chiba, Japan

Thanks for posting my recipe!
# Posted By Kate | 8/17/12 5:49 AM
Tried the recipe this morning...absolutely loved it! I doubled the recipe and put in a 9x13. It cooked for 30 min and was half cake, half gooey consistency. It was a little too salty, so next time I will cut that down a bit. I also added chopped pecans to the top. Amazing recipe, Kate, thank you!
# Posted By Carrie | 8/17/12 10:42 AM
This recipe was so rich we could only eat one tablespoonful each. I cut the salt in half and it was still too salty for my husband. If you make this, I would suggest 1/4 teaspoon salt.
# Posted By Carolyn M | 7/20/13 1:02 PM
Made this today. It was excellent.
# Posted By terri | 9/8/13 7:05 PM
Does anyone know if coconut flour would work? I have a GF friend and she has a nut allergy. It's a great cake as it is. I would like to make it for a party that she will be at. Thanks!
# Posted By Lori | 9/15/13 7:33 AM
I couldn't seem to achieve a non-soggy center without overly browning the top and bottom of this cake. It wound up tasting burnt, but if I'd pulled it out of the oven earlier, the center would have been way too under baked.

Any suggestions?
# Posted By Kathleen | 10/24/13 6:16 PM
Mine came perfect. It does say its a pudding cake but mine came just like cake. Maybe put it in the center of the oven?
# Posted By Lori | 10/26/13 7:50 PM