|German Chocolate Style Bars Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 25 bars
Preparation Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- 12 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and toast pecans and coconut flakes until coconut is light golden brown. About 10 minutes and then set aside to cool.
2. Combine bottom layer ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined and smooth. Spread this mixture evenly on the bottom of an 8X8 glass baking dish.
3. Melt coconut cream, honey and ghee until just soft. Add salt. Slightly chop coconut and pecans in a food processor and then add mixture to Melted ingredients. Stir until all combined. Smooth mixture over bottom layer in baking dish.
4. Refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour) and then slice into small squares and serve.
Recipe submitted by Genevieve, Huntsville, TX
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|