Almond Coconut Chocolate Recipe photo
Almond Coconut Chocolate Recipe

Servings: 6-12
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes

Melt coconut oil over low heat. Transfer coconut oil to medium mixing bowl. Add cocoa powder, whole sugar, and vanilla and mix until well blended. Stir in coconut flakes and almonds.

Pour onto wax paper and put in freezer to harden. Cut, serve and enjoy!

Recipe submitted by Lisa, Geneva, IL

Hi there, this almond, choc, coconut recipe looks great. But i am wondering if the first ingredient, coconut oil, is two thirds of a cup, or, 2 to 3 cups! It is not clear to me. I am definitely going to try this recipe, but hoping someone can clear up my query.
# Posted By Ilia g | 2/14/13 6:45 PM
That would be two thirds of a cup.
# Posted By Doug | 2/14/13 11:08 PM
I would definitely read as two thirds. Two to three would be as 2-3. Plus that's a heckuva lot of oil! :)
# Posted By Ashley | 2/15/13 8:18 AM
I'd like to see the nutritional information for this recipe. Is it here and I'm just not seeing it?
# Posted By Karen | 2/16/13 4:19 PM
I am assuming the almonds are chopped.
# Posted By Jen B | 2/17/13 8:57 AM
yes, the "cups" is confusing. It should read "2/3 cup"
# Posted By Susan | 2/18/13 10:49 AM
Is only 1 tablespoon of sugar enough for 1 cup of cocoa powder?
# Posted By Jan | 2/20/13 11:02 PM
terrible!...so bitter it was unbearable to eat..looked good..texture was good...needs at least 1 cup organic maple syrup plus the tlbs of whole sugar...yikes!
# Posted By Dee | 2/21/13 10:34 PM
That's what I was wondering. 1cup of cocoa seems like a LOT, and a tablespoon of sugar seems low. Are they mixed up?
# Posted By Linda | 2/22/13 2:10 AM
I made these today and the 1/2 cup of almonds is finely chopped and used additional 3 tablesps of honey & is perfect as I was making could taste needed more than the 1 tablespoon sugar 4 sure & i'm a low sugar person
# Posted By Joni N | 2/22/13 3:40 AM
Just made this...YUMMY. I used 1/2 Black Cocoa from Frontier and 1/2 Cocoa non Dutch process. Next time may use ratio of 1/3 black cocoa to 2/3 regular cocoa. Added 1/2 cup organic sugar and 3 Tablespoons Honey to make it non bitter. Still not that sweet. Recipe as written way too short of sweetener so taste as you go and adjust accordingly.Also chopped sliced almonds up. Hubby LOVED IT!
# Posted By Susie Q | 3/2/13 5:40 PM
Not a newbie to coconut oil chocolate, I like this recipe as a basic start to fiddle my own batch of chocolate, since I never wrote down what I did and wanted to make some fudgy treats. I made this using 2/3 cup raw cocoa because in other recipes the coconut oil/cocoa ratios are the same or half as much cocoa and that works well. It does taste a little bitter with only 1 Tbsp sugar but I saved a few sliced almonds to put on top and sprinkled coarse grind sea salt over those. Salt cuts the bitterness. I'm a low sugar person and these were fine after the addition of the salt. In fact, next time I will omit the sugar altogether and maybe use chopped cashews to give a richer flavor to offset the lack of sugar and again, sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
# Posted By Joann | 3/10/13 6:09 PM