Coconut Flour Banana Pancakes Recipe photo
Coconut Flour Banana Pancakes Recipe

Add-ins (optional): dried blueberries, walnuts, or coconut flakes.

Let sit for about 5 minutes. This allows the coconut flour to thicken the batter.

Pour batter onto pan or griddle (silver dollar size). Cook on the first side for about 4-6 minutes depending on the heat level. They will begin to bubble at about 2 minutes but don't get impatient and flip them!

Okay, they should start to look as if the top side is nearly done cooking. You can tell it is the right time when the top takes on more of a matte look and no longer looks like raw batter. At this point they are ready to be flipped.

Recipe submitted by Brittany, Fishers, IN

I think there is a mistake in the recipe. I don't see how you will get 8 pancakes with only 2 tablespoons of coconut flour. Perhaps you mean 2 CUPS of coconut flour.
# Posted By MrKrispy | 3/1/13 4:49 PM
Is this recipe correct? Would 2 tablespoons of flour feed eight?
# Posted By Carla | 3/1/13 4:56 PM
Coconut flour is an extremely absorbent flour, 2 cups of it would be the equivalent of 5-8 cups of wheat flour. This recipe makes small, silver dollar sized pancakes and for the amount of eggs used, 2 tablespoons is plenty (if you make it and see how much the flour soaks liquid up, it'll make sense).
# Posted By Sarah | 3/1/13 7:08 PM
The amount of coconut flour is correct. I know it sounds crazy but it doesn't take much. I added a little nutneg, coconut flakes and blueberries. I acutally like them much better than normal white flour pancakes which to me are mushy and not that tasty. Two thumbs up!
# Posted By Andrea | 4/7/13 12:58 PM
How much coconut oil does this recipe call for?
# Posted By Murray | 4/27/13 9:15 PM
The amount of coconut oil is made clear in the recipe. I had to think about it, too. It is intended to be the coconut oil you put in the pan to cook the pancakes in... you don't add it to the batter. So I use about 1 1/2 Tablespoons.
# Posted By Susie Q | 4/28/13 7:11 PM
We found there was WAY too much cinnamon on here. We're wondering if it is supposed to be 1/2 teaspoon instead of 1/2 tablespoon? Definitely suggest changing it- and we love cinnamon!
# Posted By Loni G | 8/9/13 7:19 PM
it actually says 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
# Posted By chris pullin | 9/28/13 7:06 PM
I was really excited about this recipe, because i love pancakes and i love coconut! And I must admit I swapped honey for coconut sugar. But I was not happy with the results. Very heavy, and not the best flavour. I will try some of the other recipes instead. But I think perhaps buckwheat pancakes are still superior. Thanks any way for the recipe.
# Posted By Arnika | 10/1/13 9:31 PM
I skipped the honey and added a little coconut milk to thin the batter and got 6 small pancakes out of the recipe. I also added walnuts and everyone seemed to enjoy them. Using 100% maple syrup on the finished product was my reason for skipping the honey.
# Posted By Brenda | 10/6/13 8:49 AM
I made these pancakes this morning and they turned out great. I added chopped walnuts and omitted the honey. The banana made it sweet enough for me. I was able to make 2 large pancakes from this recipe in a non stick frying pan. I ate them without anything on top, as I am on a palio diet, but my husband put maple syrup on one and peanut butter on the other.
# Posted By saskia | 1/19/14 2:19 PM
Made these according to the recipe this morning, and added blueberries to some. They were GREAT with and without the blueberries!
# Posted By SusanF | 1/26/14 10:01 AM
These are fantastic. Thank you so much for posting the recipe.
I added organic rapadura sugar instead of the honey and also a small handful of walnuts.

The mix made 12 small bite-sized pancakes and they are super filling. I ate two while I was cooking – yum!
# Posted By Leona | 6/30/14 1:45 AM

Benefect Hand Sanitizer
Benefect Botanical
Hand Sanitizer
until Sunday August 3rd
Chicken Steaks for Dogs
Raw Chicken Steaks for Dogs
18 pounds total (3 packages)
Raw Chicken Steaks
for Dogs
until Sunday August 3rd
Chicken Steaks for Cats
Raw Chicken Steaks for Cats
3.6 pounds total (3 packages)
Raw Chicken Steaks