Chocolate Banana Coconut Flour Muffins Recipe photo
Chocolate Banana Coconut Flour Muffins Recipe

Servings: 10 muffins
Preparation Time: 10 to 15 minutes

Approximately 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line muffin tin with liners. Combine all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a mixing bowl. Mix with a paddle attachment until well combined. Fill liners with batter about 2/3 of the way full. Top with chocolate chips.

Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Cool. Consume.

Recipe submitted by Jenny, Maryville, TN

Yikes! So many carbs! Can stevia in the raw be substituted for the honey and would it hurt to cut out a banana or two?
# Posted By Cheryl | 3/15/13 5:06 PM
same as last question can stevia be subedfr the honey?
# Posted By Heidi | 3/20/13 8:42 AM
Really? Substitute something for raw honey? Do you have any idea how GOOD raw honey is for you? Do you have any idea that carbs mean absolutely nothing in view of the natural fats that you will be getting in this tasty little treat?
# Posted By Jay | 3/21/13 10:24 AM
These are heavenly!!! Super gooey and good, I cut down on the honey a bit, my banana's were super ripe and sweet. For those looking to cut down on the carbs, just omit the honey, the banana's would be plenty adequate I imagine, especially if your tastebuds are attuned to less sugar :) And I didn't use any chocolate chips, I didn't have any and they certainly weren't necessary.
# Posted By Marie | 3/21/13 2:39 PM
Yes, I realize how good raw honey is for you. That's why I have two hives in my backyard. However, I'm also aware that honey has 64 calories and 17 grams of carbs per tbsp. which also makes it fattening. All things in moderation, especially if you are low carbing. A spoonful now and then is great. When the measurement for honey includes the word "cup", I usually look for subs.
# Posted By Cheryl | 3/21/13 4:40 PM
Just made these with date syrup instead of honey, yummy
# Posted By daniella | 3/21/13 11:39 PM
I thought they were yummy. My little granddaughter gave her approval! Thanks for that recipe, Jenny.
# Posted By Tempe | 3/24/13 1:03 PM
OMG I just made these and I thought they were delicious ...
# Posted By Brenda | 3/24/13 9:18 PM
Does anyone know the Macros on these?
# Posted By Brenda | 3/24/13 9:28 PM
These are crrrrrazy good! My kids love them, just made the second batch in as many days. Still have yet to add the chocolate chips. Thinking about where to incorporate some kefir... Probably just add more coco flour. Also thinking some peppermint oil might be fun too. Oh, I did add about a teaspoon of vanilla. Just thought some cinnamon would work nicely in the mix too. Cheryl, good to see another beekeeper in the room! Honey rules! I stopped counting carbs and fat when I went basically Paleo. When you begin eating real food, the body self regulates and the weight falls off. I eat a ton of high fat foods, with a great amount of healthy organic, as much as possible, veggies, and I don't worry about my weight anymore.
# Posted By jay | 3/25/13 10:59 PM
I used half the honey, went a little light on coconut oil, used one whole egg and three egg whites and they turned out like moist pieces of chocolate cake. I can't believe any made it to the oven so batter was so tasty. Thank you!
# Posted By Nickisnotgary | 3/26/13 12:41 AM
has anyone tried to freeze these? i normally bake regular and gluten free cupcakes a few days in advance and freeze them, and they stay perfect. i'm going to try making these for a party where the host has just recently been told she must start eating a gluten/grain/dairy free diet... but my only time to make them is thursday night for a saturday night party.
thanks!
# Posted By diana | 4/3/13 4:46 PM
Sorry but I really did not like these. Although the batter tastes great, I think they need a lot more flour. Next time I will try adding about a cup or more and see what happens.
# Posted By Mindy | 4/10/13 5:44 PM
I agree , they need WAY more flour. I think with a cup of flour or so they will be much more to my liking!!!
# Posted By Megan | 4/21/13 2:47 PM
These are perfect. I actually made them with no honey, and they are delicious! I'm sure the honey would make them even sweeter, but it definitely isn't necessary. We've been eating paleo, and these are an amazing treat.
# Posted By Calista | 5/12/13 10:13 PM
I had trouble with the muffins falling the first time I made them, but the next time I added an extra egg and they turned out great.
# Posted By hannah | 5/22/13 10:59 AM
I made these tonight and nailed it! Having read some of the other comments, I used 1/2 cup coconut flour and left everything else the same. Baked for 30 minutes and they were PERFECT. Nom nom delicious!
# Posted By chasmyn | 6/2/13 1:26 AM
Oh, and the extra egg! I also added the extra egg.
# Posted By chasmyn | 6/2/13 1:27 AM
I just made these muffins. Yum!! I added one extra egg because of some of the comments... but I left the flour amount the same or only slightly more because my experience has been that every time I try to up the coconut flour the recipe gets ruined.
I found these took about 30mins to cook properly and they still feel very moist. They don't peel away from the muffin liners very well, but they are very tasty!
# Posted By Mary | 7/29/13 3:01 AM
These were excellent! They were so moist and light, they could easily pass as cupcakes. I have tried the recipe twice and on the second batch, I added one instant single serving pack of VIA coffee to the batter. They were very dark and rich with the coffee and I enjoyed that version as well. I didn't have chocolate chips, but took out a bar of chocolate and with a few whacks, voila...topped them with chocolate shards. Delicious. Thank you for submitting such a great recipe.
# Posted By Marlies | 9/21/13 7:38 PM
These are so yummy. I've made them several times. They're in the oven right now. Coconut flour can be tricky to work with. The consistency is often off. You would never guess that these were grain-free.
# Posted By Kristyn | 12/8/13 7:33 AM
Made these New Years Eve. OMG, so good.
# Posted By Christina | 12/31/13 6:29 PM
I've made these per the recipe and my kids just hoovered them. They freeze exceptionally well.

I'm making a batch presently and my eggs were very large, so I only used 5 for a double batch. Also my mashed banana was very ripe, so I only added half the sweetener. It still looked very runny, so I added 2 TBS of buckwheat flour for the double batch. We'll see how it goes!
# Posted By Inez A | 2/27/14 2:43 PM
I followed the recipe exactly except that I accidentally added 6 tablespoons of flour...but they were perfect, just the right amount of sweetness. Next time I'll use 5 tablespoons.
# Posted By Kristi | 3/5/14 12:13 PM
Has anyone tried turning these muffins into a loaf? I'm curious about the cooking time and if anyone has been successful turning it into banana bread.
# Posted By Liz | 6/10/14 8:44 PM
Thank you! These were absolutely divine. So delicious and super easy to make, even the raw batter was yummy.

I reduced the honey amount a bit [don't have a massive sweet tooth] and added dark chocolate [just broke up a block] on top and that was great. I also used little silicon cupcake holders in the muffin tray and greased them with butter – they popped right out.
# Posted By Leona | 7/10/14 4:40 PM

1 gallon
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs
approx. 4.5 pounds (2 packages)
Short Ribs