|Coconut Almond Granola Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cups sliced, raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Cover a medium sized baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix the oats, almonds, coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, flax seed, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
4. Combine the coconut oil and honey in a small pan and melt oil over medium heat. (You can skip this step if your oil is not solid.)
5. After the coconut oil melts, stir in vanilla and salt.
6. Pour the liquids over the dry mixture and stir together.
7. Spread the mixture onto the parchment paper covered pan and bake for 75 minutes, or until very slightly browned.
8. After the granola cools, you can break it up and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe submitted by Gena, Maypearl, TX
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|