|Coconut Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups coconut chips (or shredded coconut)
- 1 1/2 lbs organic chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive, coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon organic flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Turn oven to "broil."
2. Spread coconut evenly on a baking sheet.
3. Toast coconut until slightly browned and remove from oven.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees ºF.
5. Mix flour, nutmeg, and toasted coconut in a bowl.
6. Place chicken strips in a bowl and drizzle with oil or melted butter.
7. Prepare cookie sheet with oil or butter so the strips won't stick.
8. Coat chicken with dry mixture.
9. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
10. While chicken is cooking, mix mustard and honey for dipping sauce.
Recipe submitted by Gena, Maypearl, TX
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|