|Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookies|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 cups organic whole sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 organic soy-free eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats (use verified GF for a gluten free cookie)
- 2 cups almond flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- scant 2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Cream the coconut oil and sugar in a large bowl, add the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix the oats, almond flour, baking soda and salt. Stir the wet and dry together, then add the raisins, coconut, and pecans.
Roll into golf-ball sized cookies, and flatten slightly with your palm. The cookies shouldn't spread too much, so you can place them about an inch apart.
Bake for 8-12 minutes, until the cookies are golden and fragrant.
Best when served chilled.
*You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender/food processor and blending until you get a fine meal.
Laura from Bend, OR just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|