|Nutty Sweet Potato/Pumpkin Muffins|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 12 muffins
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (omit if using coconut milk)
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic whole sugar or honey
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin or mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk* or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cups of melted coconut oil
Preheat oven to 325 degrees ºF. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
Stir all dry ingredients together. If using honey as a sweetener, mix it with the wet ingredients.
In a separate large bowl, stir together the wet ingredients and then mix them into the dry ingredients thoroughly. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
Cool muffins in pan for 10-15 minutes before removing. Place on a rack to finish cooling.
Sharla from Boise, ID just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|