|Mexican Hot Cocoa Squares|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour*
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (or more, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Shredded coconut, to decorate
Over medium low heat, melt honey and coconut cream concentrate and stir until well mixed. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, shredded coconut, almond flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cayenne powder and coconut oil.
Scrape mixture into 8x8 glass dish with parchment lining the bottom of the pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
Place in refrigerator to cool and harden. Slice into squares. Store in refrigerator.
*You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender/food processor and blending until you get a fine meal.
Recipe submitted by Stacey, TX