1. Disjoint chicken thighs and legs and de-bone breasts, reserving carcass and wings for chicken
stock, if using a whole chicken, or use pre-cut chicken; reserve wings and neck for broth
2. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper on both sides to taste.
3. Heat two tablespoons coconut oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
4. Brown chicken pieces on all sides until golden brown and set aside (chicken will not be done).
5. Add garlic, ginger, and citrus zests to pan, tossing until softened and fragrant.
6. Deglaze pan with chicken stock, scraping up browned bits in pan. Return chicken to pan, cover,
and simmer over low heat until chicken breasts reach 165° F (75° C) and thighs and legs reach
175° F (80° C). Remove chicken to serving platter as pieces reach target temperature.
7. After all the chicken is cooked, finish the sauce by swirling in 1-2 tablespoons virgin coconut
oil. Pour sauce over chicken and reserve some to drizzle over spinach and/or red rice.