Coconut Cream Mushroom Soup
1. In a heatproof bowl, soak mushrooms in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain through a fine sieve, reserving liquid. Pat mushrooms dry with paper towel and chop finely. Set aside.
2. In a skillet heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) Virgin Coconut Oil over medium heat. Add fresh mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they lose their liquid. Transfer to slow cooker stoneware.
3. In same pan, melt remaining 3 tbsp. Virgin Coconut Oil. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened. Add reserved mushrooms, garlic, thyme, salt and peppercorns and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker stoneware. Add bay leaf, broth, coconut milk and reserved mushroom soaking liquid and stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Discard bay leaf.
5. When ready to serve, ladle soup into individual bowls.
Portions: 6 to 8
©Copyright 2002-2013 Tropical Traditions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.